This topic describes how to clone nodes across workspaces.
You can clone nodes across workspaces in the following scenarios:
- Clone nodes from a workspace in basic mode to another workspace in basic mode.
- Clone nodes from a workspace in basic mode to another workspace in standard mode.
- After you clone a node, the folder and workflow to which the node belongs are also cloned to the destination workspace.
- Before you clone a node, make sure that its ancestor nodes are cloned to the destination workspace.
- Go to the DataStudio page and double-click the target workflow on the Data Analytics tab.
- Click Cross-Project Cloning in the upper-right corner. The Create Clone Task page appears.
- Set Target Workspace and select the nodes to be cloned.
- Click Set Compute Engine Mapping. In the dialog box that appears, set the mapping between the compute engines of the
current workspace and the destination workspace.
If the destination workspace has multiple compute engines, you must set the mapping between compute engines of the current workspace and the destination workspace before cloning nodes. If no mapping is set, the nodes are cloned to the default compute engine of the destination workspace.Note
- If the engine type of some nodes to be cloned does not exist in the destination workspace, a message appears in the Compute Engine Mapping dialog box. You can select Skip Nodes Without Target Engine Instance to ignore these nodes. Otherwise, an error will be reported during cloning.
- The Set Compute Engine Mapping button only appears when an engine type in the source or destination workspace has more than two engine instances.
- Click Add to List. The selected nodes are added to To-Be-Cloned Node List.
- Click To-Be-Cloned Node List in the upper-right corner. On the Nodes to Deploy pane that appears, click Clone All.
- In the Compute Engine Mapping dialog box that appears, confirm the engine mapping and click OK.
- After the nodes are cloned, view the cloned nodes in the destination workspace. Generally, the overall folder structure of the workflow is cloned.