For instances of Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch (ES) V6.7.0 and later versions, you can change the garbage collector type if the memory size per data node is larger than 32 GB. Supported garbage collectors are: CMS and G1.
- After you configure a garbage collector, Elasticsearch must restart the cluster for the garbage collector to take effect. Please confirm the operation and wait for the system to restart the cluster.
- Only Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch V6.7.0 and later versions support changing the garbage collector type. Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch V5.5.3 and V6.3.x do not support this feature.
- For instances of Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch V6.7.0 and later versions, you can change
the garbage collector type only if the memory size per data node is equal to or larger
than 32 GB. If the memory size is smaller than 32 GB, only the CMS garbage collector is supported.
- Go to the Cluster Configuration page of your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch instance, click Edit Configuration on the right side of Advanced Configuration.
Warning After you change the garbage collector type, the system will restart the cluster. Make sure that this does not adversely affect your businesses and then confirm the operation.
- In the Edit Configuration dialog box, select G1, and click OK to switch to the G1 garbage collector.
After you confirm the operation, the cluster is restarted. After the cluster is restarted, the garbage collector is switched to G1.