On the MaxCompute Functions tab, you can view functions in the MaxCompute compute engine and the function change history. You can also add functions to workflows on the Data Analytics tab with a few clicks.
- Go to the DataStudio page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your workspace resides, find the workspace, and then click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- Show MaxCompute in the left-side navigation pane and click MaxCompute Functions.
MaxCompute functions are sorted in descending order of creation time by default. Click the icon to switch the order of entries.
On the MaxCompute Functions tab, you can view the functions that are committed or deployed on the Data Analytics tab. For more information, see Create a MaxCompute function.
- Click a function to view its details.
The MaxCompute Functions tab displays functions in the production environment by default. To view committed but undeployed functions, click the icon to switch the environment.Note
- For workspaces in basic mode, only the production environment is available.
- Functions that are uploaded by using tools except DataWorks, such as the MaxCompute client and MaxCompute Studio, are not displayed on the Data Analytics tab. However, these functions are displayed on the MaxCompute Functions tab.
Delete a function
To delete a function, switch to the Data Analytics tab, right-click the name of the function in the required workflow, and then select Delete.
Add a function to the Data Analytics tab
- On the MaxCompute Functions tab, click a function to view its details in the lower part.
- Click Add to Data Analytics Tab.
This operation allows you to synchronize functions on the MaxCompute Functions tab to a specified workflow on the Data Analytics tab.
- In the Create Function dialog box, set the Function Name and Location parameters.
Note When you upload a function, you can rename the function and select a folder to modify the workflow in which the function resides. However, you cannot modify the function definition.
- Click OK.
- After a function is created, you must manually save, commit, and deploy the function. The operations are the same as those performed when you create a function in a workflow. For more information, see Create a MaxCompute function.
- When you commit and deploy a function, the function is also uploaded to the development and production environments of MaxCompute. In addition, the function is updated as a custom function on the MaxCompute Functions tab.
- A function is unique in a MaxCompute project. If a function with the same name already exists in the workspace, the newly created function overrides the existing one. If the existing function resides in a different workflow, the function is overridden in the new workflow.
View the function change history
Click the required function and then click View Change History to view the creation and change records of the function.