On the MaxCompute Functions tab, you can view functions in the MaxCompute compute engine and the function change history. You can also add functions to workflows on the Data Analytics tab with one click.
- Log on to the DataWorks console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces. On the Workspaces page, find the target workspace and click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- Show MaxCompute in the left-side navigation pane and click MaxCompute Functions.
MaxCompute functions are sorted in descending order of creation time by default. Click to switch the order of entries.
On the MaxCompute Functions tab, you can view the functions committed or deployed on the Data Analytics tab. For more information, see Function.
- Click a function to view its details.
The MaxCompute Functions tab displays functions in the production environment by default. To view committed but undeployed functions, click the icon to switch to the development environment.Note
- For workspaces in basic mode, only the production environment is available.
- Functions uploaded through other channels except DataWorks, such as the MaxCompute client and MaxCompute Studio, appear on the MaxCompute Functions tab but not the Data Analytics tab.
Delete a function
To delete a function, switch to the Data Analytics tab, right-click a function name in the target workflow, and then select Delete.
Add a function to the Data Analytics tab
The following figure shows the process of adding a function to the Data Analytics tab.
- In the MaxCompute Functions tab, click a function to view its details in the bottom.
- Click Add to Data Analytics Tab.
This operation allows you to quickly synchronize functions on the MaxCompute Functions tab to a specified workflow on the Data Analytics tab.
- In the Create Function dialog box, configure Function Name and Location.
Note When you upload a function, you can rename the function and select a target folder to modify the workflow in which the function resides. However, you cannot modify the function definition.
- Click OK.
- After a function is created, you need to manually save, commit, and deploy the function. The operations are the same as those performed when you create a function in a workflow. For more information, see Function.
- After you commit and deploy a function, it is also uploaded to the development and production environments of MaxCompute. The function is also updated as a custom function on the MaxCompute Functions tab.
- A function name is unique in a MaxCompute project. If a function with the same name already exists in the workspace, the newly created function overrides the existing one. If the existing function resides in a workflow different from the workflow you specify in Location, the function is overridden and created in the specified workflow.
View the function change history
Click the target function and then click View Change History to view the creation and change records of the function.