This topic describes how to switch to a new VPC and VSwitch for an RDS MySQL instance.
- MySQL 8.0 High-availability Edition (with local SSDs)
- MySQL 5.7 High-availability Edition (with local SSDs)
- MySQL 5.6 High-availability Edition
- MySQL 5.5
- The RDS instance is disconnected for about 30 seconds during the switchover. Make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to the RDS instance.
- The virtual IP address of the RDS instance changes after the switchover. We recommend that you use an endpoint of the RDS instance to establish a connection.
- The DRDS is unavailable for a short period of time due to the change to the virtual IP address during the switchover. You must update and view the connection information of the RDS instance in the console immediately after the switchover is complete.
- The DMS and DTS is unavailable for a short period of time due to the change to the virtual IP address during the switchover, and automatically returns to normal after the switchover is complete.
- You must clear the cache on your database client properly. If you do not do so, data can be read but cannot be written into the RDS instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- In the upper-right corner, click Switch VSwitch.
- Select a VPC and a VSwitch, then click OK.
Note To create a VPC or VSwitch, click go to the VPC console.
- In the displayed dialog box, click the button for confirming the switchover.