This topic describes how to switch an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance to a new virtual private cloud (VPC) and a new vSwitch.
- If your RDS instance uses local SSDs, you can switch the instance to a new VPC and a new vSwitch.
- If your RDS instance uses standard or enhanced SSDs, you can switch the instance to a new vSwitch. However, you cannot switch the instance to a new VPC.
- The switching causes a 30-second brief connection error. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to your RDS instance.
- The switching causes changes to the virtual IP addresses (VIPs) of your RDS instance. We recommend that you connect your application to your RDS instance by using an endpoint. For more information, see Configure endpoints for an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- The VIP changes temporarily interrupt the connection to DRDS . You must update and view the connection information in the DRDS console.
- The VIP changes temporarily interrupt the connections to Data Management (DMS) and Data Transmission Service (DTS). After the switching is completed, these connections are restored to normal.
- If data is cached on a client, you can read data but cannot write data. After the switching is completed, we recommend that you immediately clear the cache on the client.
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- In the upper part of the Database Connection page, click Switch vSwitch.
- Select a VPC and a vSwitch. Then, click OK.
Note If you want to create a VPC and a vSwitch, you can click go to the VPC console.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
If I cannot switch my RDS instance to a new VPC and a new vSwitch, how do I change the VPC of the instance?
- If you can switch your RDS instance between the classic and VPC network types, perform the following steps:
Note For more information, see Change the network type of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Switch your RDS instance from the VPC network type to the classic network type.
- Switch your RDS instance from the classic network type to the VPC network type. During this process, select the VPC that you require.
- If you cannot switch your RDS instance between the classic and VPC network types, perform the following steps:
Purchase a new RDS instance. During this process, select the VPC that you require. Then, migrate the data of your RDS instance to the new RDS instance. For more information, see Migrate data between ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instances.
For more information about how to change the VPC and vSwitch of an RDS instance that cannot be switched to a new VPC and a new vSwitch, see Change the VPC for an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.