This topic describes how to enable a scaling group. Auto Scaling can scale ECS instances for a scaling group only when the scaling group is in the Enabled state.
- The scaling group is in the Disabled state.
- One of the following methods is used to specify an instance configuration source for
the scaling group:
- Specify a launch template.
- Create and enable a scaling configuration.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the scaling group and choose > Enable in the Actions column.The scaling group enters the Enabled state.