You can query system events that were handled within the last week and obtain data for troubleshooting and analysis.
View the system event history from the ECS console
To view system event history from the console, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- In the Common Settings section on the Overview page, click Pending Events.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click All Events.
- On the All Events page, click the System Events tab and then click the Instances tab to view event details such as instance ID, event type, and task status.
View the system event history using Alibaba Cloud CLI
Perform the following steps to call API operations using Alibaba Cloud CLI to view system event history.
- Obtain the instance ID.
aliyun ecs DescribeInstances --RegionId <TheRegionId> --output cols=InstanceId,InstanceName rows=Instances.Instance
- Call the DescribeInstanceHistoryEvents operation to query the system event history of the instance.
aliyun ecs DescribeInstanceHistoryEvents --RegionId <TheRegionId> --InstanceId i-bp13kpqetxnp2a****** --output cols=EventId,EventTypeName rows=InstanceSystemEventSet.InstanceSystemEventType