This topic describes the three methods to view ECS system events.
View system events in the ECS console
If a system event is scheduled, the Pending Events button in the ECS console will be attached with a highlighted icon to remind you to view the details.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- In the Common Settings section on the Overview page, click Pending Events.
- On the Pending Events page, you can view details such as instance ID, instance region, running status of the instance, event type, and recommended operation. You can perform required operations in the Actions column.
View system events using Alibaba Cloud CLI
Alibaba Cloud CLI is used to call the API operations in the following example.
- Obtain the instance ID.
aliyun ecs DescribeInstances --RegionId <TheRegionId> --output cols=InstanceId,InstanceName rows=Instances.Instance
- Call the DescribeInstancesFullStatus operation to query system events of the instance.
aliyun ecs DescribeInstancesFullStatus --RegionId <TheRegionId> --InstanceId.1 <YourInstanceId> --output cols=EventId,EventTypeName rows=InstanceFullStatusSet.InstanceFullStatusType
View system events in instance metadata
For more information about how to view system events in instance metadata, see the "Dynamic instance metadata" section in Metadata.