You can invite Alibaba Cloud accounts to join a resource directory for centralized management.
Before you initiate an invitation, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- The invitee does not have a pending invitation. An invitee with a pending invitation cannot be invited again.
- You have initiated less than 20 invitations on the day. A maximum of 20 invitations can be initiated per day.
- The current resource directory contains less than 20 member accounts. A resource directory can contain a maximum of 20 member accounts.
You can invite the following types of Alibaba Cloud accounts to join your resource directory:
- Alibaba Cloud accounts that use the same real name as the enterprise management account of your resource directory.
- Alibaba Cloud accounts that use different real names from the enterprise management account of your resource directory. The feature of inviting such Alibaba Cloud accounts is in public preview. Before you invite such an Alibaba Cloud account, contact the customer business manager (CBM) and apply for an invitation qualification for the enterprise management account.
- Log on to the Resource Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Invite Member page, click Invite Member Account.
- In the Invite Member Account panel, set Account ID/Logon Email.Note If you enter an email address, it must be the email address that you specified when you created the account. You can enter multiple account IDs or email addresses at a time. Separate them with commas (,).
- Set Remarks.Note The remarks help the invitee confirm the credibility of the invitation and quickly complete the invitation process.
- Read and select the risk.
- Click OK.Note
- If you enter an email address for an invitation, the system sends a confirmation email to the email address.
- If you enter an account ID for an invitation, the system sends a confirmation email to the email address that is associated with the account ID.
- If no email address is associated with the account ID, the invitee can log on to the Resource Management console to view and process the invitation.
After an Alibaba Cloud account joins a resource directory, it becomes a member account that is managed by the resource directory.
- By default, the name of the invited Alibaba Cloud account is used as the display name of the account in the resource directory. The enterprise management account of the resource directory can be used to change the display name but cannot be used to change the actual name of the account.
- A resource directory automatically creates a RAM role named ResourceDirectoryAccountAccessRole for each member account and grants the role to the enterprise management account of the resource directory for centralized management.
- An enterprise management account can be used to change the locations of member accounts in a resource directory.