You can invite accounts to join a resource directory for unified management.
Before initiating an invitation, ensure that:
- Your Alibaba Cloud account is the master account of the current resource directory. Only the master account of a resource directory can be used to initiate an invitation.
- The invitee does not have a pending invitation. An invitee with a pending invitation cannot be invited again.
- You have initiated less than 20 invitations on the day. A maximum of 20 invitations can be initiated per day.
- The current resource directory contains less than 20 member accounts. A resource directory can contain a maximum of 20 member accounts.
You can invite the following types of Alibaba Cloud accounts to join your resource directory:
- Alibaba Cloud accounts that use the same real name as the master account of your resource directory.
- Alibaba Cloud accounts that use different real names from the master account of your resource directory. The feature of inviting such Alibaba Cloud accounts is in the public preview phase. Before you invite these Alibaba Cloud accounts, contact the customer business manager (CBM) and apply for an invitation qualification for the master account.
- Log on to the Resource Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Resource Directory.
- In the upper-right corner of the Resource Directory page, click Invite.
- On the Invite page, click Invite Member Account.
- In the Invite Member Account pane that appears, set Account ID/Logon Email.Note If you choose to enter an email address, it must be the registered email address of the account. You can enter multiple account IDs or email addresses at a time. You must separate them with commas (,).
- Set Remarks.Note The remarks you enter help the invitee confirm the credibility of the invitation and quickly complete the invitation process.
- Read and accept the risk.
- Click OK.Note
- If you enter an email address for an invitation, the system sends a confirmation email to this email address.
- If you enter an account ID for an invitation, the system sends a confirmation email to the email address associated with the account ID.
- If the account ID you entered is not associated with an email address, the invitee can log on to the Resource Management console to view and process the invitation.
After an account joins a resource directory, the resource directory can manage it together with other existing member accounts.
- A resource directory automatically creates a RAM role named ResourceDirectoryAccountAccessRole for each member account and grants the role to the master account of the resource directory for unified management.
- A master account can change the names and locations of member accounts in a resource directory as needed.