You can invite accounts to join a resource directory for centralized management.
Before you initiate an invitation, make sure that:
- Your Alibaba Cloud account is the master account of the current resource directory. Only the master account of a resource directory can be used to initiate an invitation.
- The invitee does not have a pending invitation. An invitee with a pending invitation cannot be invited again.
- You have initiated less than 20 invitations on the day. A maximum of 20 invitations can be initiated per day.
- The current resource directory contains less than 20 member accounts. A resource directory can contain a maximum of 20 member accounts.
You can invite the following types of Alibaba Cloud accounts to join your resource directory:
- Alibaba Cloud accounts that use the same real name as the master account of your resource directory.
- Alibaba Cloud accounts that use different real names from the master account of your resource directory. The feature of inviting such Alibaba Cloud accounts is in the public preview stage. Before you invite these Alibaba Cloud accounts, contact the customer business manager (CBM) and apply for an invitation qualification for the master account.
- Log on to the Resource Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Invite page, click Invite Member Account.
- In the Invite Member Account pane, set Account ID/Logon Email.Note If you choose to enter an email address, it must be the email address that you specified when you created the account. You can enter multiple account IDs or email addresses at a time. You must separate them with commas (,).
- Set Remarks.Note The remarks help the invitee confirm the credibility of the invitation and quickly complete the invitation process.
- Read and accept the risk.
- Click OK.Note
- If you enter an email address for an invitation, the system sends a confirmation email to the email address.
- If you enter an account ID for an invitation, the system sends a confirmation email to the email address that is associated with the account ID.
- If the account ID is not associated with an email address, the invitee can log on to the Resource Management console to view and process the invitation.
After an account joins a resource directory, the resource directory can manage it together with other existing member accounts.
- A resource directory automatically creates a RAM role named ResourceDirectoryAccountAccessRole for each member account and grants the role to the master account of the resource directory for centralized management.
- A master account can be used to change the names and locations of member accounts
- in a resource directory.