This topic describes how to redeploy an ECS instance equipped with local SSDs or HDDs through the ECS console. After the instance is redeployed, it is migrated to a different physical machine.
- This topic is applicable only to resolving system events on ECS instances equipped with local disks.
- Perform the following steps before redeploying instances:
- Connect to an ECS instance. For more information about detailed steps, see Overview.
- (Optional) Isolate the read/write operations of the local disk at the application layer.
- For Linux instances: Add the nofail parameter to all data disks in the /etc/fstab file of the ECS instance.
Example: Add the nofail parameter to the data disk /dev/vdd:
/dev/vdd /mnt/vdd ext4 defaults,barrier=0,nofail 0 0Note
- /dev/vdd: the device name of the data disk. Enter the actual device name of your data disk.
- /mnt/vdd: the mount point of the data disk. Enter the actual mount point of your data disk.
- ext4: the file system type of the instance. Enter the actual file system type of the instance.
- barrier=0: a mount option. Disable the barrier setting in the file system by setting barrier to 0.
- nofail: specifies that the booting sequence of ECS instance will not be interrupted even if the data disk specified in the file system does not exist.
The system events that require local disks to be redeployed include Instance Redeployment Due to System Maintenance (
SystemMaintenance.Redeploy) and Instance Redeployment Due to System Error (
SystemFailure.Redeploy). For more information, see Overview of system events on ECS instances equipped with local disks.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- In the Common Settings section on the Overview page, click Pending Events.
- On the Pending Events page, click the System Events tab. Find the System O&M tab. In the event list, find the ECS instance that has an Instance Redeployment Due to System Maintenance or Instance Redeployment Due to System Error event. Then click Redeploy in the Actions column.
- In the Redeploy Instance dialog box, confirm the impact of redeployment and click Redeploy.