This topic describes how to redeploy an ECS instance that is equipped with local SSDs or HDDs through the ECS console. After an ECS instance is redeployed, the instance is migrated to a different physical machine.
- This topic is applicable only to resolving system events on ECS instances equipped with local disks.
- Before you redeploy an instance, perform the following steps:
- Remotely connect to an ECS instance. For more information, see Overview.
- (Optional) Isolate the read/write operations of the local disk at the application layer.
- For Linux instances: Add the nofail parameter to all data disks in the /etc/fstab file of the ECS instance.
Example: Add the nofail parameter to the data disk /dev/vdd:
/dev/vdd /mnt/vdd ext4 defaults,barrier=0,nofail 0 0
Parameter Description /dev/vdd The device name of the local disk, which is the value of the Device parameter returned by DescribeInstanceHistoryEvents. /mnt/vdd The mount point of the local disk, which can be queried by using the
mount | grep "/dev/vdd"command.
ext4 The file system type of the instance, which can be queried by using the
barrier=0 The mount option to disable barriers in the file system. nofail Indicates that the booting sequence of the ECS instance will not be interrupted even if the local disk specified in the file system does not exist.
The system events that require local disks to be redeployed include Instance Redeployment Due to System Maintenance (
SystemMaintenance.Redeploy) and Instance Redeployment Due to System Error (
SystemFailure.Redeploy). For more information, see Overview of system events on ECS instances equipped with local disks.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Events.
- On the Pending Events page, click the System Events tab. Find the System O&M tab. In the event list, find the ECS instance that has an Instance Redeployment Due to System Maintenance or Instance Redeployment Due to System Error event, and click Redeploy in the Actions column.
- In the Redeploy Instance dialog box, confirm the impact of redeployment and click Redeploy.