After you create an Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster, you can configure the cluster to improve search efficiency and service security.
Enable the Auto Indexing feature
- The Auto Indexing feature is designed for testing purposes. We recommend that you do not enable this feature in production environments.
- Before you import data into an Elasticsearch cluster, you must manually create both indexes and mappings for the data. If you do not create both indexes and mappings, errors may occur. For example, if you delete the mappings for a document and then upload another document that does not have mappings, the Auto Indexing feature creates mappings for both documents. The created mappings may not be suitable for your application. To avoid this issue, Elasticsearch disables the Auto Indexing feature by default.
- After you enable the Auto Indexing feature, the system restarts your Elasticsearch cluster. Therefore, before you enable this feature, make sure that the restart does not affect your services.
If you must use the Auto Indexing feature, perform the following steps to enable this feature:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Elasticsearch Clusters. On the page that appears, find the target cluster and click its ID in the Cluster ID/Name column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the page that appears, click Cluster Configuration.
- On the Cluster Configuration page, click Modify Configuration on the right side of YML Configuration.
- In the YML File Configuration pane, set Auto Indexing to Enable.
- Select This operation will restart the cluster. Continue? and click OK.The system then restarts the cluster. After the cluster is restarted, the Auto Indexing feature is enabled.
On the Plug-ins page, you can install or remove built-in plug-ins, use the standard or rolling update method to update IK dictionaries, or upload custom plug-ins. For more information, see Install and remove a built-in plug-in, Use the analysis-ik plug-in, and Upload and install a custom plug-in.
Configure security settings
On the Security page, you can reset the password that is used to access your Elasticsearch cluster, configure a virtual private cloud (VPC) whitelist, and enable the Public Network Access feature. You can also configure a public IP address whitelist, enable HTTPS, or configure cluster interconnection. For more information, see Security.
Configure monitoring and alerting settings