After you create an Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster, you can configure the cluster to improve search efficiency and service security.
Enable auto indexing
- The auto indexing feature is only available for Elasticsearch clusters of versions earlier than V7.0.
- The auto indexing feature is designed for testing purposes. We recommend that you do not enable this feature in production environments.
- Before you upload a document to an Elasticsearch cluster, you must manually create indexes and mappings for the document. If you do not create both indexes and mappings, errors may occur. For example, if you delete the mappings for a document and then upload another document that does not have any mappings, the auto indexing feature creates mappings for both documents. The created mappings may not be suitable for your application. To avoid mapping errors, the auto indexing feature is disabled by default.
- After you enable the auto indexing feature, the system restarts your Elasticsearch cluster. Therefore, before you enable this feature, make sure that the restart does not affect your services.
If you must use the auto indexing feature, follow these steps to enable this feature:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster resides.
- Find the target cluster and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the page that appears, click Cluster Configuration.
- On the Cluster Configuration page, click Modify Configuration on the right side of YML Configuration.
- In the YML Configuration pane, set Auto Indexing to Enable.
- Select This operation will restart the cluster. Continue? and click OK.
The system then restarts the Elasticsearch cluster. After the cluster is restarted, the auto indexing feature is enabled.
On the Plug-ins page, you can install or remove built-in plug-ins, use the standard or rolling update method to update the IK analyzer plug-in, or upload custom plug-ins. For more information, see Configure built-in plug-ins and Configure custom plug-ins.
Configure security settings
On the Security page, you can reset the password that is used to access your Elasticsearch cluster, configure a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) whitelist, and enable the Public Network Access feature. You can also configure a public IP address whitelist, enable HTTPS, or configure cluster interconnection. For more information, see Security.
Configure monitoring and alerting settings