This guide describes how to create a consortium as well as the roles and permissions in the consortium. A consortium is a virtual organization composed of multiple organizations. An organization can perform the following operations:
- Share the consortium blockchain.
- Create blockchain applications and share them with other organizations within the consortium.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud BaaS console.
In the left-side navigation pane, choose Ant Blockchain > Contract Blockchain to go to the consortium list page. Click Create Consortium.
In the Create Consortium dialog box, set the consortium information as follows:
- Consortium Name: The name of the consortium.
- Consortium Description: The description of the consortium.
- Click Submit to create the consortium.
The created consortium will be displayed on the My Consortia page.
After you create a consortium, you can invite organizations to join the consortium and add consortium blockchains. For more information, see Manage consortium members and Manage consortium blockchains.
A consortium contains two roles:
- Consortium administrator: The creator of the consortium. The administrator can delete consortium members or add members as the administrators of the consortium.
- Consortium members: Tenant accounts that have joined the consortium.
The function permissions corresponding to each consortium role are as follows (Y means supported. N means not supported.):
|Function/role||Consortium administrator||Consortium members|
|Blockchains within the consortium|
|- Create a blockchain||Y||N|
|- Upload a certificate||Y||Y|
|- Download a certificate||Y||Y|
|- Download the SDK||Y||Y|
|- Reset a certificate||Y||Y|
|- View blockchain details||Y||Y|
|- Manage contract blockchain accounts||Y||Y|
|- View contract blockchain configurations||Y||Y|
|- View contract blockchain nodes||Y||Y|
|- Create, edit, or save a contract||Y||Y|
|- Use Cloud IDE||Y||Y|
|- Invite an organization||Y||Y|
|- Approve the applications made to join a consortium||Y||N|
|- Freeze an organization||Y||N|
|- Add an administrator||Y||N|
|- Delete an administrator||Y||N|