Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch and Logstash clusters support the subscription and pay-as-you-go billing methods. This topic describes the billing rules of subscription Elasticsearch and Logstash clusters.
- This billing method allows you to reserve resources in advance and receive discounted rates.
- During the use of subscription clusters, you can switch their billing methods based on your business requirements. For more information, see Switch the billing method of a cluster from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- If you want to continue using a subscription cluster after the current billing cycle of the cluster expires, you must renew the cluster. For more information, see Elasticsearch renewal or Logstash renewal.
- Before you claim a free trial of a subscription cluster, make sure that your Alibaba Cloud account does not have overdue payments.
- For more information about the pricing of Elasticsearch and Logstash clusters, see Pricing of Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch.
For more information about the billable items and billing rules of subscription Elasticsearch and Logstash clusters, see Elasticsearch billable items and Logstash billable items. If you no longer require a cluster that has not expired, you can request a refund. For more information, see Refunds.
You are billed for a subscription Elasticsearch or Logstash cluster based on its subscription duration, which is in UTC+8. The billing cycle of the cluster starts when the cluster is created or renewed and ends at 00:00:00 on the day after the expiration day. The start time is accurate to the second.