This topic provides an overview of each EMR 3.x series version that has been released, including the release dates, component upgrades, new features, and updates.
For information about EMR-3.22.0, see Release notes of EMR 3.22.0.
- Upgrades the operating system to CentOS 7.2.
- Upgrades Spark to version 2.1.
- Upgrades emr-core to version 1.2.6.
- Fixes several bugs related to AccessKey-free OSS operations.
- Upgrades emr-core to version 1.2.5.
- Supports AccessKey-free OSS operations in more regions.
- Adjusts the AccessKey replacement strategy of RAM roles.
- Fixes several bugs related to Hive and Hadoop.
- Supports table management in an interactive and unified manner, and stores Hive metadata in an external unified database. All clusters that use external Hive metadata share the same metadata.
- Upgrades emr-core to version 1.2.4 to improve the read and write performance of OSS.
- Upgrades Spark to version 2.0.2.
We recommend that you use EMR-3.0.1. EMR-3.0.1 is fully compatible with EMR-3.0.0.