You can also renew a CU subscription to continue using it after its original lifecycle has ended. You can renew a CU subscription manually or automatically based on your needs.
- Auto-renewal is triggered 3 days before expiration, 1 day before expiration, on the day of expiration, 6 days after expiration, and 14 days after expiration.
- Auto-renewal is triggered on the day of expiration, 6 days after expiration, and 14 days after expiration.
- The auto-renewal process starts at 8:00 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+8) every day. However, because auto-renewal is performed for instances one by one, the actual auto-renewal time for an instance may be later than 8:00. In most cases, auto-renewal will take place before 18:00 on the same day.
- Expiration time: Assume that an instance expires at 00:00:00 on December 11. In this case, one day before expiration refers to 00:00:00 on December 10. Six days after expiration refers to 00:00:00 on December 17.
- Auto-renewal is not triggered immediately after you enable it. Auto-renewal is triggered only at the fixed times described in the preceding section.
- If you enable auto-renewal after more than 14 days since your subscription has expired, auto-renewal will not be triggered.
- If you enable auto-renewal after 08:00 on the 14th day after expiration, auto-renewal may not take effect. Enable auto-renewal in advance to avoid this issue.
If you enable auto-renewal for a CU subscription, the system will renew your CU subscription at a specified time. You can use the following methods to enable auto-renewal for your CU subscription:
- Method 1: Enable auto-renewal for a new purchase
When you select a CU subscription on the buy page, you can enable Auto-renewal to automatically renew your subscription. For more information, see Manage new purchases.
The auto-renewal cycle is one month for monthly subscription and one year for yearly subscription.
- Method 2: Enable auto-renewal in the Renewal Management console
- Log on to the Renewal Management console.
- Find the target instance and click Enable Auto Renewal in the Actions column.
- Enable auto-renewal as prompted.
Limits on manual renewal
- Limits on CU subscriptions: You cannot renew a CU subscription that has expired for more than seven days.
- Limits on renewal duration: You can renew a CU subscription for 1 to 11 months or 1 to 3 years. For other renewal duration, contact us.
- Log on to the Function Compute console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Resource Center.
- In the Purchased Resources section, find the target instance ID and click Renew in the Actions column.
- On the Renew page, specify a renewal duration. Click Buy Now.The expiration time of the order after renewal is displayed under the specified duration.
- Follow the prompts on the page to pay for the order.
Verify the results
For auto-renewal and manual renewal, you can view your renewal order in the User Center.
- Log on to the Billing Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose In the order list, you can view the renewal order that you have placed.
Find the target order, and click Details in the Actions column. You can view the payment history, instance ID, specific configuration, and lifecycle for the order.