To make sure that you can complete the workshop, you must activate MaxCompute and DataWorks for your Alibaba Cloud account.
- An Alibaba cloud account is registered.
- Real-name verification is completed.
Create a DataWorks workspace
- Log on to the DataWorks console with your Alibaba Cloud account.
- On the Overview page, click in the Shortcuts section on the right.
You can also click Workspaces in the left-side navigation pane and click Create Workspace on the page that appears.
- In the Create Workspace dialog box that appears, set parameters in the Basic Settings step and click Next.
Note In this tutorial, a workspace in standard mode is created as an example.
- In the Select Engines and Services step, select MaxCompute and click Next.
DataWorks is now available as a commercial service. If you have not activated DataWorks in a region, activate it first before creating a workspace in the region. By default, the following services are selected when you create a workspace: Data Integration, Data Analytics, Operation Center, and Data Quality.
- In the Engine Details step, set parameters for the MaxCompute engine.
Engine Parameter Description MaxCompute Instance Display Name The display name of the compute engine instance. The display name can be up to 27 characters in length. It can only start with a letter and can contain only letters, underscores (_), and digits. MaxCompute Project Name The name of the MaxCompute project. By default, the name is the same as that of the DataWorks workspace. Account for Accessing MaxCompute The account for accessing the MaxCompute project. Valid values: Alibaba Cloud primary account and Alibaba Cloud sub-account. Resource Group The quotas of computing resources and disk spaces.
- Click Create Workspace.
After creating the workspace, you can view information about the workspace on the Workspaces page.