To make sure that you can complete the workshop, you must activate MaxCompute and DataWorks for your Alibaba Cloud account.
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created.
- Real-name verification is completed.
Note If you have already activated MaxCompute, skip this step and directly create a workspace in DataWorks.
- Go to the Alibaba Cloud official website, click Log In in the upper-right corner, and then enter your account name and password.
- Move the pointer over Products in the top navigation bar and choose to go to the product details page of MaxCompute.
- Click Activate Now.
- On the buy page of MaxCompute, select the pay-as-you-go billing method, select a region and a type, and then click Buy Now.
Create a DataWorks workspace
Note Data resources provided for this workshop are all stored in the China (Shanghai) region. Therefore, we recommend that you create a workspace in the China (Shanghai) region. Otherwise, the network connectivity test fails when you add a connection.
- Log on to the DataWorks console with your Alibaba Cloud account.
- On the Overview page, click in the Shortcuts section on the right.You can also click Workspaces in the left-side navigation pane and click Create Workspace on the page that appears.
- In the Create Workspace panel, set the parameters in the Basic Settings step and click Next.Note In this tutorial, a workspace in standard mode is created.
- In the Select Engines and Services step, select MaxCompute and click Next.DataWorks is now available as a commercial service. If you have not activated DataWorks in a region, activate it before you create a workspace in the region. By default, the following services are selected when you create a workspace: Data Integration, Data Analytics, Operation Center, and Data Quality.
- In the Engine Details step, set the parameters for the selected compute engines, as described in the following
Engine Parameter Description MaxCompute Instance Display Name The display name of the compute engine instance. The display name can be up to 27 characters in length. It must start with a letter and can contain letters, underscores (_), and digits. Resource Group The quotas of computing resources and disk space for the compute engine instance. MaxCompute Data Type Edition The edition of the MaxCompute data type. This configuration takes effect within 5 minutes. For more information, see Date types. MaxCompute Project Name The name of the MaxCompute project. By default, the name is the same as that of the DataWorks workspace. Account for Accessing MaxCompute The account that you can use to connect to MaxCompute. Valid values: Alibaba Cloud Account, RAM User, and Node Owner.
- Click Create Workspace. After the workspace is created, you can view information about the workspace on the Workspaces page.