This topic describes the event history function. You can use this function to view the events, such as instance creation or parameter reconfiguration, that have occurred within a region over a period of time.
This function is available in the following regions: China (Hangzhou), China (Beijing), China (Qingdao), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), and Singapore.
This function will be rolled out in the other regions soon.
This function is free of charge in the beta test phase. After the beta test ends, you will be notified if this function is charged.
You can use this function to:
- Track instance management operations.
- Audit the security of instance-related operations.
- Audit the compliance of cloud service providers' management operations, for example, whether sectors such as finance and governmental affairs are managed in compliance with the specified security standards.
Enable event history
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region to which you want to enable
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Event History. A message that prompts you to enable the event history feature appears.
- Click OK.
Event history parameters
|Resource Type||The RDS resource type. The only resource type is Instance.|
|Resource Name||The RDS resource name. When Resource Type is Instance, the instance ID is displayed in the Resource Name column.|
|Event Type||The type of the event, such as Instance Management, Database Management, Read/Write Splitting, and Network.|
|Event Name||The name of the event. For example, if the event type is Instance Management, the event name may be Create Instance, Delete Instance, Change Specifications, or Restart Instance.|
|Run At||The time when the event was executed.|
|Event Source||The initiator of the event. Valid values:
|Cause||The cause of the event. Valid values:
|Parameters||The request parameters used to initiate actions in the console.|