This topic describes how to withdraw a route from Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN). You can withdraw a route that has been published to CEN. After the route is withdrawn, other networks attached to the same CEN instance cannot learn the route. If you publish a custom VPC or Virtual Border Router (VBR) route entry to a CEN instance and then delete the route from the VPC or VBR route table, the route entry is also deleted from CEN.
|Route entries||Network||Published to CEN by default?|
|A route entry pointing to an ECS instance||VPC||No|
|A route entry pointing to a VPN Gateway||VPC||No|
|A route entry pointing to a High-Availability Virtual IP Address (HaVip)||VPC||No|
|A VPC system route entry||VPC||Yes|
|A route entry pointing to an on-premises data center||VBR||Yes|
|A BGP route entry||VBR||Yes|
- Log on to the CEN console.
- On the Instances page, find the target CEN instance and click Manage in the Actions column.
- On the CEN page, click the Networks tab. Find the target VPC and click the VPC ID.
- On the VPC Details page, click the link to the route table.
- On the Route Tables page, find the target route table, and click Manage in the Actions column.
- On the Route Entry List tab, find the target route entry, and click Withdraw in the Route Status in CEN column.
- In the Withdraw Published Route Entry dialog box, click OK.