This topic describes how to modify existing user data of an instance in the console.
- If you use a shell script as user data, such as the User-Data script, the instance does not run the modified user data.
- If you use user data to configure modules such as Byobu, Set Hostname, and Set Passwords, the instance does not run the modified user data.
- If you use user data to configure modules such as bootcmd, update_etc_hosts, and yum_add_repo, the instance runs the modified user data.
For more information, visit the Module frequency section of Modules in the cloud-init documentation.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the instance for which you want to modify the user data and choose Actions column. in the
- In the Set User Data dialog box that appears, enter information and click OK.