This topic describes how to remove an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance from the Protected state. After an ECS instance is removed from the Protected state, Auto Scaling continues to manage the lifecycle of the ECS instance.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- You can use either of the following methods to open the details page of a scaling
- In the Scaling Group Name/ID column, click a scaling group name.
- Click Manage in the Actions column corresponding to a scaling group.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click ECS Instances.
- Select the source of the ECS instance.
- To select an automatically created ECS instance, click the Auto Created tab.
- To select a manually added ECS instance, click the Manually Added tab.
- Remove one or more ECS instances from the Protected state.
- To remove a single ECS instance from the Protected state, find the target ECS instance and choose Actions column. in the
- To remove multiple ECS instances from the Protected state at the same time, select the target ECS instances and click Remove from Protected State under the ECS instance list.
- Click OK.