This topic describes how to unbind an SSH key pair in the ECS console.
Take note of the following information before you unbind an SSH key pair:
- If the ECS instance is in the Running (Running) state, you must restart the instance by using the console or by calling an API operation after you unbind the SSH key pair.
- If you have reset the password when you unbind the key pair, you can log on by using the password after you unbind the key pair.
- If you have not reset the password when you unbind the key pair, you must reset the password after so that you can log on by using the password. For more information, see Reset instance passwords.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the key pair to be unbound and click Unbind in the Actions column.
- Select the target ECS instance in the Select Instance section, and click the > icon to move the target instance to the Selected section.
- Click OK.