This topic describes how to add one or more IP entries to an access control list. An IP entry can be an IP address or a CIDR block.
- Whitelist: Only the requests from the IP addresses or CIDR blocks in the specified ACL are forwarded. You can use the whitelist feature when you want to allow access from specified IP addresses.
- Blacklist: Requests from the IP addresses or CIDR blocks in the specified ACL are not forwarded. You can use the blacklist feature when you want to deny access from specified IP addresses.
- Log on to the Server Load Balancer console.
- Select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Access Control.
- Find the access control list to which you want to add IP entries and click Manage in the Actions column.
- Add IP entries.
On the Details page, click Add Multiple Entries. In the Add Multiple IP Entries panel, enter multiple IP addresses or CIDR blocks in the Add Multiple Addresses and Descriptions field, and click Add.
Enter multiple addresses in the following format:
- Enter one entry per line. Press the Enter key to start a new line.
- Use a vertical bar (|) to separate the IP address or CIDR block and the description within an entry. Example: 192.168.1.0/24|Description.
- On the Details page, click Add Entry. In the Add IP Entry panel, enter an IP address or a CIDR block and a description. Then, click Add.