This topic describes how to add ECS instances as default backend servers to the default server group of an SLB instance. Before you use the SLB service, you must add at least one default backend server to receive client requests forwarded by SLB.
- An SLB instance is created. For more information, see Create an SLB instance.
- You have created ECS instances and deployed applications on these ECS instances to process requests.
- Log on to the CLB console.
- On the Server Load Balancers page, select the region of the target SLB instance.
- Find the target SLB instance and click its instance ID.
- Click the Default Server Group tab.
- Click Add.
- In the My Servers dialog box, select ECS instances that you want to add.
- Click Next.
- In the Configure Ports and Weights dialog box, specify the weight of each added ECS instance. An ECS instance with a higher weight receives more requests.You can change the weight of a server and then move the pointer over to change the weights of multiple servers:
Notice If the weight of a backend server is set to 0, this backend server no longer receives new requests.
- Click Replicate to Below: The weights of all servers below the current server are set to the weight of the current server.
- Click Replicate to Above: The weights of all servers above the current server are set to the weight of the current server.
- Click Replicate to All: The weights of all servers in the default server group are set to the weight of the current server.
- Click Reset: The weight fields of all servers in the default server group are cleared.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.