The default whitelist for an ApsaraDB for Cassandra instance only contains the default IP address 127.0.0.1, which means that no device can access the instance. This can ensure the security and stability of the instance. Before using an ApsaraDB for Cassandra instance, you must add IP addresses or Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) blocks that you use to access databases to the instance whitelist. A properly configured whitelist can guarantee the highest-level security protection for your ApsaraDB for Cassandra instance. We recommend that you maintain the whitelist on a regular basis.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Cassandra console.
- Click a cluster ID to go to the Cluster Details page of the cluster. In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Security. Then, click the Whitelist Settings tab.
- Click Edit Whitelist. In the dialog box that appears, enter the IP addresses that you want to include in the whitelist.
- Separate multiple IP addresses with commas (,). Specify IP addresses in the 0.0.0.0/0, 10.23.12.24, or 10.23.12.24/24 format. For CIDR formats such as 10.23.12.24/24, /24 indicates the length of network prefix in the address. The length of network prefix ranges from 1 to 32.
- If you need to access the instance from the Internet, the dialog box shows the public IP address of your device.