This topic describes how to manage a data transformation task in the Log Service console. You can view the details and status of a task in the console. You can also start, stop, modify, and delete the task and configure alerts.
View the details of a task
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Projects section, find the project to which the task belongs and click the project.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the data transformation task list, find and click the task.
- On the Data Transformation Overview page, view the details of the task.
Parameter Description Source Logstore The name of the Logstore from which data is read for transformation. Status The status of the task. For more information, see View the status of a task. Task ID The ID of the task. Time Range The time range within which the task is run. Rule Modified At The time when the transformation rule was last modified. Task End Time The time when the task ends.Note If you do not set End Time when you create the task, the value of this parameter is empty. Storage Target The name of the storage destination, the name of the Logstore where transformed data is stored, and the name of the project to which the Logstore belongs. Consumption Progress The data consumption progress of the task. Status The dashboard that is provided by Log Service to display the statistics about the execution of the transformation rule. The statistics include the overall information, transformation rate, consumption latency, consumption rate, active shards, and exceptions. For more information, see Data transformation dashboard.
View the status of a task
|State/Action||Stop the task||Start the task||Rerun the task||Modify the task||Delete the task|
|Starting||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported||Supported||Supported|
|Stopping||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported||Supported||Supported|
|Success||Not supported||Not supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Failed||Not supported||Not supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
Stop a task
Start a task
If a task is in the Terminated state, you can click Start on the Data Transformation Overview page of the task.
Rerun a task
Modify a transformation rule
- If you want to use the new transformation rule to continue with the task, you must stop the task and then start the task.
- If you want to use the new transformation rule to rerun the task, you must run the task from the beginning. For more information, see Rerun a task.
- On the Data Transformation Overview page, click Edit Rules.
- Modify the transformation rule based on your business requirements. For more information about the rule syntax, see Language introduction.
- Preview transformation results.
- Select Quick. You can select either Quick or Advanced. For more information, see Preview mode overview.
- Click Preview Data.
- View the results.
- If data fails to be transformed because the syntax of the transformation rule or configured permissions are invalid, troubleshoot the failure as prompted.
- If the transformed data is returned as expected, go to 4.
- Select Quick.
- Click Modify Processing Rule.
- Modify the settings and click OK. For more information about the parameters, see Create a data transformation task.
Delete a task
- In the data transformation task list, move the pointer over the task that you want to delete and choose .
- On the Data Transformation Overview page, choose .
In the Data Transformation Troubleshooting dashboard of the Data Transformation Overview page, you can view the metrics of the data transformation task, subscribe to the dashboard, or configure monitoring and alerts for the metrics. For more information, see Configure alerts to monitor data transformation tasks.