Security Center can protect external servers that are associated with it. You can disassociate an external server from Security Center as needed. This topic describes how to disassociate an external server from Security Center.
- You can disassociate only external servers from Security Center. If you uninstall the Security Center agent from an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance, the ECS instance remains in the asset list of Security Center as a disconnected server. The ECS instance is not removed from the asset list.
- After an external server is disassociated from Security Center, the server no longer consumes the quota of protected assets. The current number of protected assets is deducted based on the number of external servers you disassociate. You can associate other servers with Security Center as needed.
- Log on to the Security Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Assets.
- On the Assets page, click the Server tab.
Note To Unbind an external server, the status of the Security Center agent installed on the server must be Suspended or Disabled. If the status of the Security Center agent is Enabled, you must Suspend the Security Center agent on the Assets page. For more information, see Enable and disable server protection.
- Click OK.
After the server is disassociated, the Security Center agent installed on the server is automatically uninstalled. The server is removed from the asset list of Security Center.