This topic describes how to create a RAM user account.
Step 1: Log on to the RAM console
You can use your Alibaba Cloud account to log on to the RAM console to create a RAM user account. If your Alibaba Cloud account grants a RAM user administrative permissions, the RAM user will also be able to create multiple RAM user accounts through the RAM console.
Step 2: Create a RAM user account
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Users under Identities.
- Click Create User.
Note To create multiple RAM users at a time, click Add User.
- Specify the Logon Name and Display Name parameters.
- Under Access Mode, select Console Password Logon or Programmatic Access.
Note We recommend that you select only one access mode for the RAM users to ensure the security of your Alibaba Cloud account. This prevents RAM users who have terminated their employment contracts with the company from accessing Alibaba Cloud resources.
- Console Password Logon: If you select this check box, you must also complete the basic security settings for logon, including deciding whether to automatically generate a password or customize the logon password, whether the user must reset the password upon the next logon, and whether to enable multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Programmatic Access: If you select this check box, an AccessKey pair is automatically created for the RAM user. The user can access Alibaba Cloud resources by calling an API operation or by using a development tool.
- Click OK.