You can modify the name, creation time, execution frequency, and retention period of an automatic snapshot policy at any time after the policy is created.
You have created at least one automatic snapshot policy. For more information, see Create an automatic snapshot policy.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Snapshots page, click the Automatic Snapshot Policies tab.
- On the Automatic Snapshot Policies page, find the automatic snapshot policy to be modified and click Modify Policy in the Actions column.
- Name: specifies the policy name.
- Executed At: Select one or more points in time from 00:00 to 23:00.
Note Creating a snapshot may temporarily reduce the I/O performance of a block storage device by about 10%. We recommend that you create snapshots during off-peak hours.
- Execution Frequency: Select one or more days of the week.
- Keep Snapshots: specifies the number of days to retain the snapshot. Valid values: 1 to 65,536.
Default value: 30. If you select Always Keep and the maximum number of snapshots is reached, the system will delete the earliest
Note Modifying the snapshot retention period of an automatic snapshot policy will only affect new snapshots created after the modification. The retention period of existing snapshots will not be modified.
- Click OK.