You can enable the Delete Automatic Snapshots While Releasing Disk feature to delete automatic snapshots of a disk when the disk is released and reduce the amount of disk space occupied by snapshots.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the cloud disk for which you want to enable the feature, choose Actions column. in the
- In the Modify Disk Property dialog box that appears, select or clear Delete Automatic Snapshots While Releasing Disk.
Note After you clear Delete Automatic Snapshots While Releasing Disk, the retention period of the automatic snapshot policy applies. You can also modify the retention period of the automatic snapshot policy. For more information, see Modify an automatic snapshot policy.
- Click OK.