Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks support the ClassicLink feature. This feature allows classic network-connected Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances to communicate with cloud resources deployed in VPC networks. Before you establish a ClassicLink connection, make sure that the ClassicLink feature is enabled.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- On the top navigation bar, select the region where the VPC network is deployed.
- On the VPCs page, find the target VPC network and click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the upper-right corner of the VPC Details page, click Enable ClassicLink.
- In the Enable ClassicLink message, click OK.
After ClassicLink is enabled, the status of ClassicLink in the VPC Details section changes to Enabled.