The storage capacity of PolarDB is automatically scaled out or in based on the amount of the stored data. You do not need to manually specify the storage capacity. You are charged for only the used storage. We recommend that you purchase PolarDB storage plans if you require a high storage capacity to store a large amount of data. This reduces the storage costs.
- You can purchase only one storage plan of each type.
- You are charged for the extra storage capacity that is not covered by the storage plan based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. Assume that you have three PolarDB clusters and each cluster requires 400 GB of storage. If you purchase a storage plan of 1,000 GB and these clusters share the storage plan, you are charged for the extra 200 GB of storage based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. For more information,see Manage storage plans.
Storage plan pricing
For more information about PolarDB storage plan pricing, see Storage plan pricing.
Purchase a storage plan
- Log on PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, click Create Cluster.
- Click the Storage Plan tab, and specify the following parameters.
Parameter Description Plan Type
- Mainland China: The storage plan can be used by all PolarDB clusters that are deployed in regions of mainland China, such as China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), and China (Beijing).
- Outside Mainland China: The storage plan can be used by all PolarDB clusters that are deployed in regions outside mainland China, such as China (Hong Kong), UK (London), and Singapore (Singapore).
Plan Specification The storage capacity that is provided by the storage plan. Purchase Plan The validity period of the storage plan.Note If you purchase a storage plan for one year or longer, you will be offered a 15% discount on the monthly price. For more information, see Storage plan pricing.
- Click Buy Now.
- Read and accept the agreement of service, and then click Pay to complete the payment.