This topic describes how to purchase a storage plan.
You are eligible for storage plans when you use the following resources:
- Cluster storage
The storage of each PolarDB cluster in a Global Database Network (GDN) is charged based on the data volume and retention period. If you require a larger storage capacity, such as 1,000 GB or more, we recommend that you use storage plans to reduce costs.
- Level-1 backups that exceed the free quota
Storage plans are applied to all PolarDB clusters that belong to your account. The remaining capacity of a storage plan is automatically applied to the overage of level-1 backups at a ratio of 1:1.6 when the free quota is exhausted. In this case, every 1 GB of the storage plan is used to deduct 1.6 GB of level-1 backup storage. If the remaining capacity of the storage plan is insufficient to offset the overage of level-1 backups, the overage is charged on a pay-as-you-go basis. For more information about storage plans, see Storage plans.
- You can select the following types of storage plans: storage plans that apply to regions inside mainland China, and storage plans that apply to China (Hong Kong) and regions outside China. You can purchase only one storage plan for each type.
- A storage plan can be shared by multiple clusters. A storage plan can be used by all the clusters in the regions that are specified by the Plan Type parameter. You can specify mainland China or China (Hong Kong) and regions outside China as the value of the parameter.
- If the capacity of your storage plan is insufficient, you can upgrade the storage plan. However, storage plans cannot be downgraded.
- You are charged for the extra storage that is not covered by the storage plan on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Assume that you have three PolarDB clusters and each cluster requires 400 GB of storage. If you purchase a storage plan of 1,000 GB and these clusters share the storage plan, you are charged for the extra 200 GB of storage based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. For more information, see View the database storage usage.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, click Create Cluster.
- Click the Storage Plan tab and specify the following parameters.
Parameter Description Plan Type
- Mainland China: The storage plan can be used by all PolarDB clusters that are deployed in regions of mainland China, such as China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), and China (Beijing).
- China (Hong Kong) and regions outside China: The storage plan can be used by all PolarDB clusters that are deployed in China (Hong Kong) and regions outside China, such as UK (London) and Singapore (Singapore).
Plan Specification The storage capacity of the storage plan. Purchase Plan The validity period of the storage plan.Note If you purchase a storage plan for one year or more, you are offered a 15% discount on top of the monthly price.
- Click Buy Now.
- Read and accept the agreement of service, and then click Pay to complete the payment.