Importing a local image file is applicable to scenarios where your business is deployed on the cloud. You can use the imported custom image to create an ECS instance or replace the system disk. This topic describes how to import an image.
Linux image import procedure
- Complete the following preparations on the source server before creating a custom
- Install an image compliance tool and use it to automatically check whether Linux settings meet the import requirements. For more information, see Use the image compliance tool.
- Install cloud-init to allow instances running the image to complete the initialization configuration. For more information, see Install cloud-init for Linux images.
- Install VirtIO drivers to allow ECS instances created from the image to start. For more information, see Install virtio driver.
- Read Notes for importing images.
- Convert the image file format (except for RAW, VHD, and qcow2 image files). For more information, see Convert the image file format.
- Import custom images.
If the operating system of the custom image is not supported by Alibaba Cloud and cloud-init cannot be installed, you can select Customized Linux when importing a custom image. For more information, see Customize Linux images.