This topic provides an overview of ranking boards and an example on how to use ranking boards. This topic also describes how to configure ranking board styles and how to delete a ranking board. Ranking boards are available only in workspaces of the Quick BI Pro and Quick BI Enterprise Standard editions.
A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
A ranking board displays the rankings of a group of items in descending order. For example, you can use a ranking board to show the top 10 cities in terms of sales volume.
- You can specify only one dimension for Category (Dimensions).
- You can specify only one measure for Indicator (Measures).
- You can specify up to three measures for Auxiliary Indicators (Mea.).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the icon.
- On the Data tab, select dimensions and measures based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click province. You can also drag this dimension to the Category (Dimensions) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number. You can also drag this measure to the Indicator (Measures) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_amt, back_point, and profit_amt. You can also drag these measures to the Auxiliary indicators (Mea.) field.
- Click Update to update the ranking board.
You can click the icon next to Auxiliary indicators (Mea.) to modify the display name, aggregation method, value display format, and text alignment mode of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Style Settings, and Conditional Formatting sections.
For more information, see Configure ranking board styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the ranking board as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the ranking board every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the ranking board, data in other charts that are associated with this board is updated. For more information, see Configure the filter interaction feature. Hyperlink After you configure Hyperlink, you are directed to the linked report when you click a field in the ranking board. You can set Hyperlink to Parameter or External Link. If you select Parameter, you must configure global parameters. For more information, see Configure the hyperlink feature.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure ranking board styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the ranking board, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.
- In the Style Settings section, configure Show Column Name, Theme for Top 3 Items, Data Display Format, Value Alignment, and Bar Color.
- In the Conditional Formatting section, configure conditional formats for measures.
Parameter Description Series You can select a measure that you added to Indicator (Measures) or Auxiliary indicators (Mea.). Shortcut Style You can configure the marker icons and font display colors. Custom Style You can customize text, icon styles, marker icons, range values, and font display colors. Synchronize Style To You can replicate the conditional formatting settings of a measure to other measures.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.