In Machine Learning Elastic Algorithm Service (EAS), resource groups are used to isolate cluster resources. When you create an online model service, you can choose to deploy the service in a default public resource group or dedicated subscription resource group.
Public resource groupsCurrently, the CPU and P4_8CORE public resource groups are provided. More public resource groups will be provided soon when more GPU models are supported.
If you use the console to deploy an online model service, the system will automatically deploy the model service to the corresponding public resource group according to the specified resource type.
If you use the EASCMD client to deploy an online model service, you need to determine the resource group based on whether P4 GPUs are used for acceleration. If P4 GPUs are used, set the resource field to P4_8CORE. Otherwise, set the resource field to CPU.
Subscription resource groups
- For long-term services, the subscription billing method helps you save costs.
- Subscription resource groups support processor customization. This enables support for more types of models.
- You can connect a subscription resource group to your VPC network. This maximizes the efficiency and minimizes the costs when you call your online model services.
You can create a dedicated subscription resource group and deploy online model services in this resource group. The resource group is hosted by EAS.
1. Create a resource group.
- Log on to the Machine Learning console and then click New Resource Group.
- You are then navigated to the buy page. Select a resource type and subscription duration.
- After you pay the order, the system starts allocating resources and deploying the resource group. You can then go back to the console to check the status of the resource group.
Note: Due to issues such as insufficient resources in the current region, the system may fail to create the resource group. Your payment will be refunded to your account.
You can check all resource groups created under your account and the relevant resource group information on the EAS page. After the resource group is created, you can then select the resource group when you deploy an online model service.
2. Resource group details page.
You can perform the following operations on the resource group details page:
- Change the name of a resource group to a name that is easy to remember and identify.
- Check the status of the nodes in the resource group, and the resources provided by each node.
- Check all services deployed in the current resource group and manage these services.
- Upgrade the resource group, renew the resource group, and activate the direct connect feature.
3. Manage resource groups.
- Upgrade: You can scale out the number of nodes in a resource group as long as your subscription has not expired.
- Renew: You can renew the subscription for a resource group.
- Activate direct connect: You can connect a resource group to your VPC network in the same region through Elastic Network Interfaces (ENIs). For more information, see Connect a resource group to a VPC network.
4. Resource group operation authority
The primary account can perform purchase, upgrade, and renewal operations for resource groups.
If the sub-account needs to perform the above operations, the authorization of the primary account is required. Otherwise, the above operations cannot be performed. Specific authorization operation mode，Please refer to PAI EAS Introduction—Sub-account authorization. Authorize sub-accounts for EAS operations( “eas:EditInstance” OR “eas:OperateInstance” OR “eas:*”), then can be allowed to buy, upgrade, and renew operations。
Depending on the region that you select, you can use some or all of the following resource types to create resource groups.