The following table describes the differences between Web+ and other Alibaba Cloud web hosting services.
Differences between Web+ and other Alibaba Cloud services
Web+ is an integrated platform-based service that provides you with orchestration for infrastructure resources, deployment for runtime environments of multiple languages, and Web hosting.
|Feature||Web+||Serverless App Engine||Enterprise Distributed Application Service||Simple Application Server|
|Elastic Compute Service||Supported||Not supported||Supported||Supported|
|Distributed applications||Supported||Supported||Supported||Not supported|
|Resource orchestration||Supported||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported|
|Microservices||Not supported||Supported||Supported||Not supported|
|Capacity limits||Not limited||Not limited||Not limited||Limited|
- ECS: indicates whether ECS resources are supported.
- Container: indicates whether container services are supported or adopted, such as Container Service and Elastic Container Instance (ECI).
- Web hosting: indicates whether web hosting is supported. This feature is mainly referred to as the capability of deploying applications and managing the lifecycle of applications.
- Multi-language: indicates whether you can use multiple programming languages to build applications.
- Distributed applications: indicates whether you can deploy an application across multiple nodes.
- Resource orchestration: indicates whether managed infrastructure resources can be automatically orchestrated.
- Microservices: indicates whether microservices are supported, such as service registration and detection, configuration and management, and elastic scalability.
- Resource manageability: indicates whether you can manage hosted infrastructure resources.
- Capacity limits: indicates whether a service sets limits on capacity of available infrastructure resources.