Operation Orchestration Service (OOS) automatically manages and executes O&M tasks. In the execution template, you can define items such as execution tasks, sequence, and inputs and outputs to automate O&M tasks.
OOS is applicable to the following scenarios:
- Scheduled and batch O&M tasks. For example, you can check the remaining storage space of cloud disks in multiple ECS instances. You can select the ECS instances that you want to check by items such as name, tag group, and resource group. Run Cloud Assistant commands to perform cloud disk checks and view the results in a unified manner.
- Event-driven O&M tasks. For example, when the vCPU usage of an ECS instance reaches 85%, OOS can automatically restart the ECS instance to prevent service interruption.
- Cross-region O&M tasks. For example, you can copy multiple ECS instances from one region to another through the image copy feature.
- O&M tasks subject to approval. For example, you can add the approval process for purchasing or releasing ECS instances.
OOS provides best practices of operations as code. OOS is a centralized O&M platform that allows you to create templates from manuals such as Operations and Maintenance Guides and Operation Guides.
OOS improves the efficiency and security of O&M tasks by offering the following benefits:
- Visualized execution processes and results
- Free and managed service
- Efficiency in managing multiple O&M tasks at a time
- Superior authentication and verification systems
- Easy-to-use templates
- Cross-region O&M
- Operations as code
- Delegated authorization