Resource monitoring is one of the most commonly used monitoring methods in Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK). Resource monitoring allows you to view the resource usage of workloads. The resources include CPU, memory, and network resources. ACK integrates Cloud Monitor to monitor resources. By default, ACK installs Cloud Monitor for all new clusters. This topic describes how to view monitoring data of basic resources in the console.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- On the Clusters page, click the name of a cluster or click Details in the Actions column. The details page of the cluster appears.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workload.
- On the page that appears, select a namespace from the Namespace drop-down list and click the Deployments tab.
- Select a deployment and click Monitor in the Actions column. Then, you are redirected to the Dashboards page in the Cloud Monitor console.
- In the Dimensions field, select Group Name or Instances. You can view monitoring data by group or instance.
- Optional:To set alert rules, click Alert Rule in the left-side navigation pane. For more information, see Manage alert rules.The name of a group-based metric starts with group and the name of an instance-based metric starts with pod.