If a client requests content that is not cached on the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) node, the node retrieves the content from the origin server that serves the content. This topic describes how to set the back-to-origin request timeout. The back-to-origin request timeout value specifies the amount of time that the CDN node waits for a response after a request is redirected to the origin server. The default back-to-origin request timeout value is 30 seconds. If the CDN node does not receive a response within the specified timeout period, the CDN node disconnects from the origin server.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, find the domain name that you want to manage and click Manage in the Actions column of the domain name.
- In the management pane of the domain name, click Back-to-origin.
- In the Back-to-origin Request Timeout section, click Modify.
- In the Back-to-origin Request Timeout dialog box, set Timeout Value.
The maximum timeout value is set to 900 seconds. When Alibaba Cloud CDN communicates with origin servers as expected, the back-to-origin request timeout period is no more than 100 seconds.
- Click OK.