If a client requests content that is not cached on Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) nodes, the CDN nodes retrieve the requested content from the origin server. You can set a timeout period for back-to-origin requests. The timeout period specifies the amount of time that a CDN node waits for a response after a request is redirected to the origin server. The default timeout period is 30 seconds. If the CDN node does not receive a response within the specified timeout period, the CDN node disconnects from the origin server. This topic describes how to set a timeout period for back-to-origin requests.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, find the domain name that you want to manage and click Manage in the Actions column of the domain name.
- In the management pane of the domain name, click Back-to-origin.
- In the Back-to-origin Request Timeout section, click Modify.
- In the Back-to-origin Request Timeout dialog box, set Timeout Value.
- Click OK.