This topic describes how to add an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL connection in DataWorks.
- Log on to the DataWorks console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces. On the page that appears, click
Data Integration in the Actions column corresponding to the target workspace.
- On the Data Integration page, click Connection in the left-side navigation pane. On the page that appears, click Add a Connection.
- In the Add Connection dialog box, click MySQL.
- In the Add MySQL Connection dialog box, configure the parameters as prompted.
Parameter Description Connect To The type of the connection. Select ApsaraDB for RDS. Connection Name The name of the connection. We recommend that you choose an identifiable name, which facilitates subsequent management. Description Optional. The description of the connection. Region The region where the source ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance resides. RDS Instance ID The ID of the source ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. You can view the ID of the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance on the Basic Information page of the instance in the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL console. RDS Instance Account ID The ID of the Alibaba Cloud account used to purchase the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. You can view your account ID on the Security Settings page after logging on to the Alibaba Cloud console with your Alibaba Cloud account. Database Name The name of the database in the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. Username The account used to connect to the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL database. Password The password of the account used to connect to the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL database.
- After you configure the preceding parameters, click Test Connection to test connectivity. After the connection passes the test, click Complete to create the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL connection.