DataWorks is a powerful Platform as a Service (PaaS) offered by Alibaba Cloud. It provides stable, efficient, and scalable data synchronization services. DataWorks is designed to transmit and synchronize data in a fast and stable manner between heterogeneous data sources in complex network environments.
Supported data source types in DataWorks
DataWorks supports data synchronization for the following data source types:
- Text storage, such as File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) servers, Object Storage Service (OSS), and multimedia files
- Relational databases, such as Relational Database Service (RDS), Distributed RDS (DRDS), MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- NoSQL databases, such as Memcache, Redis, MongoDB, and HBase
- Big data services, such as MaxCompute, AnalyticDB for MySQL, and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Massively parallel processor (MPP) databases, such as HybridDB for MySQL
- Test data is prepared. For more information, see Quick start of ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL.
- An AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster is created, a whitelist is configured, and the public
endpoint of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster is available. For more information, see
Quick start of AnalyticDB for MySQL
Note DataWorks and AnalyticDB for MySQL cannot be connected through Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). You must apply for a public network endpoint for an AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster
- A table is created in the destination AnalyticDB for MySQL database to store the data
synchronized from ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL. For more information, see CREATE TABLE.
Note We recommend that you import data in real time when you use DataWorks to synchronize data to AnalyticDB for MySQL. In this case, data import is efficient and simple. This method requires you to create real-time tables (fact tables) in the destination AnalyticDB for MySQL database in advance.
- A workspace is created in the DataWorks console.