After you create a dedicated host, you can enable or disable automatic deployment. If you enable automatic deployment for a dedicated host, the dedicated host is added to the resource pool of your Alibaba Cloud account for automatic deployment.
If you need to deploy an ECS instance on a dedicated host, you can specify a dedicated host ID when you create the instance. You can also enable automatic deployment for the ECS instance. The system then selects a dedicated host from the resource pool to deploy the instance. For information about automatic deployment, see Automatic deployment. For information about how to deploy an ECS instance on a dedicated host when you create the instance, see Create an instance by using the wizard.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Select the dedicated host. In the upper-left corner of the Dedicated Host tab, choose
> Modify DDH Info.
- In the Modify DDH Information dialog box, turn on Automatic Deployment.
- Click OK.