By default, ApsaraDB for Redis provides an internal endpoint. To access an ApsaraDB for Redis instance over the Internet, you must apply for a public endpoint.
- The instance is an instance of ApsaraDB for Redis Community Edition or a performance-enhanced instance of ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair). For more information about performance-enhanced instances of ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair), see Performance-enhanced.
- The instance is a persistent memory-optimized or storage-optimized instance of ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair). For more information about instances of ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair), see Persistent memory-optimized instances and Storage-optimized instances.
Network types of an endpoint
|Classic network||Cloud services in a classic network are not isolated. Unauthorized access to cloud services is blocked only by security groups or whitelists. If your cloud services are deployed in the classic network, we recommend that you change the network type to VPC. For more information, see Change the network type from classic network to VPC.|
|Internet||Security risks exist when you connect to an ApsaraDB for Redis instance over the Internet.
Therefore, ApsaraDB for Redis does not provide public endpoints by default. To connect
to an ApsaraDB for Redis instance over the Internet, you can apply for a public endpoint
in the following scenarios:
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the instance.
- In the Connection Information section, click Apply for Endpoint on the right side of Public Access.
- Optional:In the panel that appears, enter an endpoint and a port number.
Parameter Description Endpoint
- You can modify only the prefix of the endpoint. By default, the prefix is the instance ID.
- The prefix must be 8 to 64 characters in length, and can contain lowercase letters and digits. It must start with a lowercase letter.
Port When you change the endpoint, you can also change the port number by entering a new port number from 1024 to 65535.
- Click OK. After the application is submitted, the public endpoint is displayed in the Connection Information section.
|AllocateInstancePublicConnection||Applies for a public endpoint for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|