- A virtual private cloud (VPC) is a private network dedicated to you on Alibaba Cloud. VPCs are logically isolated
from each other at Layer 2 to provide higher security and performance.
- By default, an ApsaraDB for Redis instance provides an endpoint that you can use in
a VPC. You can connect to an ApsaraDB for Redis instance through a VPC to achieve
higher security and performance.
||Cloud services in a classic network are not isolated. Unauthorized access to cloud
services is blocked only by security groups or whitelists. If your cloud services
are in a classic network, we recommend that you change the network type to VPC. For
more information, see Switch to VPC network.
||Security risks exist when you connect to an ApsaraDB for Redis instance over the Internet.
Therefore, ApsaraDB for Redis does not provide public endpoints by default. To connect
to an ApsaraDB for Redis instance over the Internet, you can apply for a public endpoint
in the following scenarios:
- The device to which the client belongs, for example, the ECS instance, and the ApsaraDB for Redis instance are not running in the same VPC.
- The device to which the client belongs and the ApsaraDB for Redis instance are not
deployed in the same region.
- The client is running on a device outside of Alibaba Cloud, such as an on-premises