This topic describe how to view the high availability (HA) configuration of a Smart Access Gateway (SAG).
- The standby usage mode is selected when you purchase the SAG.
- The active SAG and standby SAG have the same configurations.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, clickSmart Access Gateway, and then click the instance ID of the SAG for which you want to perform an active/standby switchover.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the SAG details page, click HA Configuration.
- On the HA Configuration page, view the SN of the active SAG and standby SAG.
The active/standby switchover of SAG-100WM differs from that of SAG-1000 in the following aspects:
- If you switch an SAG-100WM device to its standby device in the console, you must also connect the physical WAN port of the standby device to the Internet.
- SAG-100WM devices support manual active/standby switchover, while SAG-1000 devices support automatic active/standby switchover.