This topic describes the preparations for using Database Gateway.
- Check whether you already have an Alibaba Cloud account. Skip this step if you already have an Alibaba Cloud account.
- Confirm that your configuration meets the following requirements:
- Memory: At least 1 GB of available memory is required. We recommend that the available memory be greater than 2 GB.
- CPU: One available CPU is required.
- Machine where the database gateway is to be installed: The machine can access the Internet. We recommend that the outbound public bandwidth be greater than 10 Mbit/s.
- Log on to the Database Gateway console by using your Alibaba Cloud account (http://dg.console.aliyun.com/).Note You can also use SDKs or API operations to perform all the operations that are available in the console.
- If you are using Database Gateway for the first time, After you understand and agree
to the Database Gateway service agreement, click Activate Now.A message appears and indicates that Database Gateway has been activated. Then, click Management Console.