ApsaraDB for MongoDB provides the zone distribution of nodes. You can view the zone distribution information in the console.
Replica set or sharded cluster instances are created.
ApsaraDB for MongoDB provides a zone-disaster recovery solution for replica set instances to meet the high reliability and data security requirements in business scenarios. This solution deploys the nodes of a replica set instance or the components of a sharded cluster instance in three different zones. When one of the three zones loses communication due to force majeure factors such as power failure or network failure, the high-availability system automatically triggers a switchover. This ensures the continuous availability and data security of the entire instance. For more information, see Create a multi-zone replica set instance and Create a multi-zone sharded cluster instance.
View zones of nodes
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and the region of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances, or Sharded Cluster Instances based on the instance type.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Service Availability to view the current zone distribution.
- Replica set instances
- Sharded cluster instances
- Migrate an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance across zones in the same region
Migrate instances to other zones within the same region. For example, you can migrate instances from a single zone to multiple zones. After instances are migrated to other zones, the attributes, specifications, and connection strings of the instances remain unchanged.
- Switch node roles
You can switch the node roles of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance based on your business deployment. This allows your applications to connect to the nearest nodes.