This topic describes how to upgrade the configurations of a master node. You are responsible for the management of master nodes in a dedicated Kubernetes cluster. When the cluster size grows, you may need to upgrade the configurations of master nodes.
- Log on to the Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ACK console, click Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster that you want to manage and click the name of the cluster or click Details in the Actions column. The details page of the cluster appears.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the details page, choose .
- Find the three master nodes of the cluster and click the instance ID of a master node.
In this example, master-01 is selected. On the Instance Details page,
you can view instance information such as the instance type.
- In the Configuration Information section, click Change Instance Type. If the Change Instance Type button is dimmed, it indicates that the instance is running. Before you change the instance type, you must click Stop in the upper-right corner to stop the instance.
- On the Instance Type page, select an instance type and click Confirm. For more information, see Select ECS instances to create the master nodes.
- In the Change success message, click OK. Then, you are redirected to the Instances page. The instance type of master-01 is changed.
- Select the instance and click Start. Then, master-01 is automatically added to the cluster and the state of the node
changes to Running, as shown in the following figure.
- Repeat Step 4 to Step 7 to upgrade the configurations of the other master nodes. Note The master nodes in this topic are billed on a pay-as-you-go basis. For more information about how to upgrade the configurations of master nodes that are billed by other billing methods, see Overview of instance upgrade and downgrade.