This topic describes how to modify the performance level of a running ESSD in the ECS console.
You can follow the steps in this guide if your ESSD meets the following requirements:
- Your account does not have overdue payment.
- If you attach an ESSD to a Pay-As-You-Go ECS instance, make sure that the instance is not in the Expired state.
- You can change the performance level of a new ESSD only after it enters the Unattached (Available) state.
When you create an ECS instance, you can set the ESSD as the system disk or data disk. You can also create a separate ESSD. For information about how to create an ESSD, see Create an instance by using the wizard and Create a Pay-As-You-Go cloud disk. For information about ESSDs, see Enhanced SSD (ESSD).
After the performance level is modified, the ESSD is billed according to the new performance level.
You can also call the API action ModifyDiskSpec to complete this task.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target ESSD. In the Actions column, choose .
- In the Modify Performance Level dialog box, select a higher performance level and click OK.
The performance level you can select for an ESSD is determined by its storage capacity. If the performance level of an ESSD cannot be upgraded, resize the ESSD and then modify its performance level.