You can upgrade the performance level of an ESSD in the ECS console. If you want to downgrade the performance level of a pay-as-you-go ESSD, you must call the ModifyDiskSpec operation. The new performance level takes effect immediately. You do not need to create a new ESSD or copy the data.
When you create an ECS instance, you can set an ESSD as the system disk or data disk. You can also create a separate ESSD. For more information about ESSDs, see Enhanced SSDs.
To modify the performance level of an ESSD, make sure that:
- Your account does not have overdue payments.
- If your ESSD is attached to a pay-as-you-go ECS instance, make sure that the instance is not in the expired state.
- You can modify the performance level of a new ESSD only after it enters the Unattached (Available) state.
- After the performance level is modified, the ESSD is billed based on the new performance level.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target ESSD. Choose Actions column.
- In the Modify Performance Level dialog box that appears, select a new Performance Level. Click OK.
The performance level that you can select for an ESSD is determined by its storage capacity. If the performance level of an ESSD cannot be upgraded, resize the ESSD and then upgrade its performance level. For more information, see Resize cloud disks.