This topic describes how to modify the performance level of a running ESSD cloud disk in the ECS console.
You can follow the steps in this guide if your ESSD cloud disk meets the following requirements:
- Your account does not have overdue payment.
- If you attach an ESSD cloud disk to a Pay-As-You-Go ECS instance, make sure that the instance is not in the Expired state.
- You can change the performance level of a new ESSD cloud disk only after it enters the Unattached (Available) state.
When you create an ECS instance, you can set the ESSD cloud disk as the system disk or data disk. You can also create a separate ESSD cloud disk. For information about how to create an ESSD cloud disk, see Create an instance by using the wizard and Create a Pay-As-You-Go cloud disk. For information about ESSD cloud disks, see ESSD cloud disk.
After the performance level is modified, the ESSD cloud disk is billed according to the new performance level.
You can also call the API action ModifyDiskSpec to complete this task.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target ESSD cloud disk. In the Actions column, choose .
- In the Modify Performance Level dialog box, select a higher performance level and click OK.
The performance level you can select for an ESSD cloud disk is determined by its storage capacity. If the performance level of an ESSD cloud disk cannot be upgraded, resize the ESSD cloud disk and then modify its performance level.