This topic describes the required preparations. To build an online operation analysis platform, you must activate Table Store, MaxCompute, DataWorks, and Quick BI.
- An Alibaba cloud account is registered.
- Real-name verification is completed.
- Activate Table Store and create a Table Store instance.
- Go to the Table Store product landing page and click Get it Free.
- On the page that appears, select the check box for I agree with Table Store (Pay-As-You-Go) Agreement of Service and click Enable Now.
- Click Console.
- On the Overview page that appears, select China (Beijing) from the drop-down list at the top and
click Create Instance. In the Create Instance dialog box that appears, set Instance Type to Capacity, enter a name in the Instance Name field, and then click OK.
Note The name of the Table Store instance must be globally unique in each region. We recommend that you enter a name that is recognizable and complies with the naming rule. The instance name is required when you synchronize data from MaxCompute to the Table Store instance. In this tutorial, the instance is named workshop-bj-001. For more information about Table Store instances, see Instance.
- Click All Instances in the left-side navigation pane. On the All Instances page, you can view the created instance, which is in the Running state.
- Activate MaxCompute.
- Go to the MaxCompute product landing page and click Buy Now.
- On the page that appears, click the Pay-As-You-Go tab. On the Pay-As-You-Go tab, set Region to China East 2 (Shanghai) and click Buy Now.
Note The data transfer cost is reduced if you activate MaxCompute in the same region as Table Store. Therefore, you can set the region to China (Beijing). In this tutorial, the region of MaxCompute is set to China (Shanghai) to demonstrate the capability of using foreign tables across different regions.
- Create a DataWorks workspace.
- Log on to the DataWorks console. Click Workspaces in the left-side navigation pane. On the Workspaces page, select China (Hangzhou) from the region drop-down list at the top and click Create Workspace.
- In the Create Workspace dialog box that appears, set parameters in the Basic Settings step and click Next.
For ease of use, the mode of the DataWorks workspace is set to Basic Mode (Production Environment Only) in this tutorial. In basic mode, a DataWorks workspace is associated with only one MaxCompute project. For more information, see Basic mode and standard mode.Note The workspace name must be globally unique. We recommend that you use a name that is easy to distinguish.
- In the Select Engines and Services step, select the required compute engines and services, and click Next.
In the Compute Engines section, you must select the check box for MaxCompute and select Pay-As-You-Go.
- In the Engine Details step, set parameters for the selected engines and services.
Engine or Service Parameter Description MaxCompute Instance Display Name The display name of the compute engine instance. The display name can be up to 27 characters in length. It can only start with a letter and can contain only letters, underscores (_), and digits. MaxCompute Project Name The name of the MaxCompute project. By default, the name is the same as that of the DataWorks workspace. Account for Accessing MaxCompute The account for accessing the MaxCompute project. Valid values: Alibaba Cloud primary account and Task owner. For a MaxCompute project in the development environment, the value is set to Alibaba Cloud primary account by default. For a MaxCompute project in the production environment, we recommend that you set the value to Task owner. Resource Group The quotas of computing resources and disk spaces. PAI GPU Utilization This feature is disabled by default. If you want to use this feature, enable it on the Workspace Settings page.
- Click Create Workspace.
After creating the workspace, you can view information about the workspace on the Workspaces page.
- Activate Quick BI.
- Go to the Quick BI product landing page and click Console.
- On the page that appears, click 30-day Free Trail for the Advanced Edition or 30-day Free Trail for the Professional Edition. Select the check box for I agree with Quick BI Agreement of Service and click Activate Trial.
Note In Quick BI, you can use the personal workspace or default workspace. We recommend that you use the default workspace.