Navicat is a fast, reliable, and cost-effective database management tool designed to simplify database management and reduce costs. Navicat provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for you to create remote connections from the local computer to AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters and manage data.
Before you use Navicat, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- You have familiarized yourself with the compatibility of DBeaver with AnalyticDB for MySQL. For more information, see Compatibility overview.
- Navicat is installed.
- The IP address of the device on which Navicat is installed is added to the whitelist of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. For more information, see Configure a whitelist.
- A public endpoint is applied for if you need to use a public endpoint to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters. For more information, see Apply for or release a public endpoint.
- Start Navicat, and choose New Connection dialog box that appears, configure the connection parameters as required.
. In the
Parameter Description Connection Name The name of the connection. We recommend that you choose an identifiable name to facilitate subsequent management. Host The endpoint of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster to which you want to connect. You can view the connection information about the cluster on the Cluster Information page of the AnalyticDB for MySQL console. Port 3306 User Name The account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. You can use one of the following accounts:
- Privileged account
- Standard account
Password The password of the account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster.Note If your operating system is macOS, add the database name after you configure the connection informati
- Click Test Connection. After the connection passes the test, click OK. The connection to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster is created but is not enabled. You must enable the connection manually.
- Right-click a Open Connection. Right-click a database name to enable the database connection. Then, you can use Navicat to manage data. and select