In addition to open-source community plug-ins, Alibaba Cloud Kibana provides a variety of plug-ins. This topic describes how to install a Kibana plug-in and relevant precautions.
- The Kibana node offers at least two vCPUs and 4 GiB of memory. Plug-ins consume resources.
If the specifications of the Kibana node do not meet requirements, upgrade the Kibana node. For more information, see Upgrade the configuration of a cluster.
- An Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster of a version earlier than V7.0 is created.
For more information, see Create an Elasticsearch cluster.Notice Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch clusters of V7.0 or later do not support Kibana plug-ins.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster resides.
- Find the target cluster and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Visualization.
- In the Kibana section of the page that appears, click Edit Configuration.
- In the Plug-in Configuration section, find the plug-in that you want to install and click Install in the Actions column.
If the specifications of your Kibana node do not meet the preceding requirements, the system prompts you to upgrade the configuration of your cluster. Follow the instructions to upgrade the Kibana node.Warning After you confirm the plug-in installation, the system restarts the Kibana node. During the restart, Kibana cannot provide services. Therefore, before you confirm the installation, make sure that the restart does not affect your operations on the Kibana console.
- In the Install Plug-in message, click OK.
Then, the system restarts the Kibana node. After the node is restarted, the plug-in is installed.After the plug-in is installed, the state of the plug-in changes to Installed.