HTTP header fields are components of the header section of request and response messages transmitted over Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). HTTP header fields define the resources being requested, the behavior of the client or server, and the operating parameters of an HTTP transaction. If you configure CDN to communicate with the origin over HTTP, you can add or remove HTTP header fields.
HTTP header fields include general fields, request fields, and response fields.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, find the target domain name and click Manage.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the specified domain, click Back-to-origin.
- Click the Custom HTTP Origin Header tab.
- Click Customize.
- In the Customize Origin HTTP Header dialog box, select a field from the Parameter drop-down list and set its value.
Notice When you customize an HTTP header, we recommend that you select Custom Origin Header from the Parameter drop-down list and add a custom field based on your needs. Do not select a system-defined field from the Parameter drop-down list.
- Click OK.
What to do next
After you select Custom Origin Header from the Parameter drop-down list to add a custom field, the following error message may be returned. This means that the specified field is a reserved field for internal use.